Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- External display of emotion or mood.
- He seemed completely devoid of affect.
- To influence or alter.
- The experience affected me deeply.
- The heat of the sunlight affected the speed of the chemical reaction.
- To move to emotion.
- He was deeply affected by the themes in the play.
- To make a false display of.
- He managed to affect a smile despite feeling quite miserable.
- Of an illness or condition, to infect or harm (a part of the body).
- Hepatitis affects the liver.