Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Something from which other things extend; a foundation.
- A supporting, lower or bottom component of a structure or object.
- The starting point of a logical deduction or thought; (Basis).
- A permanent structure for housing military personnel and material.
- The place where decisions for an organization are made; headquarters.
- Any of a class of generally water-soluble compounds, having bitter taste, that turn red litmus blue, and react with acids to form salts.
- Important areas in games and sports
- A safe zone in the children's games of tag and hide-and-go-seek
- The lowermost part of a column, between the shaft and the pedestal or pavement.
- One of the three places that a runner can stand without being subject to being tagged out.
- A nucleotide's nucleobase in the context of a DNA or RNA biopolymer.
- The end of a leaf, petal or similar organ where it is attached to its support.
- The name of the controlling terminal of a transistor.
- The lowest side of a in a triangle or other polygon, or the lowest face of a cone, pyramid or other polyhedron laid flat.
- A number raised to the power of an exponent.
- The logarithm to base 2 of 8 is 3.
- The set of sets from which a topology is generated.
- A topological space, looked at in relation to one of its covering spaces, fibrations, or bundles.
- To have as its foundation or starting point.
- To be located (at a particular place).
- of low standing or rank
- immoral, cowardly
- nonprecious used to describe metals which are not precious; base metal