Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- that which is deducted; that which is subtracted or removed
- a sum that can be removed from tax calculations; something that is written off
- You might want to donate the old junk and just take the deduction.
- a conclusion; that which is deduced, concluded or figured out
- He arrived at the deduction that the butler didn't do it.
- the ability or skill to deduce or figure out; the power of reason
- Through his powers of deduction, he realized that the plan would never work.
- a. a process of reasoning that moves from the general to the specific, in which a conclusion follows necessarily from the premises presented, so that the conclusion cannot be false if the premises are true.
- b. a conclusion reached by this process