Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- Consisting of a moiety, or half (1/2, 50%)
- a half bushel; a half hour; a half dollar; a half view
- Consisting of some indefinite portion resembling a half; approximately a half, whether more or less; partial; imperfect
- a half dream; half knowledge
- Assumed from thence a half consent.
- Having one parent (rather than two) in common
- A or
- Related through one common grandparent or ancestor rather than two
- A or or half cousin
- In two equal parts or to an equal degree; in some part approximating a half; partially; imperfectly
- half-colored; half done; half-hearted; half persuaded; half conscious
- Half loth and half consenting.
- Nehemiah 13:24:
- Their children spoke half in the speech of Ashdod.
- One of two equal parts into which anything may be divided, or considered as divided; — sometimes followed by of; as, a half of an apple.
- Not half his riches known, and yet despised.
- A friendship so complete Portioned in halves between us
- Half of a standard measure; frequently used for half a pint of beer or cider.
- 1968 , John Braine, The Crying Game, Houghton Mifflin, p. 11,
- He came back with a pint of Guinness for me and a half of bitter for Wendy.
- 1974 , James Herriot, All Things Bright and Beautiful, St. Martin's Press, ISBN 0312020309,
- I accepted a half of bitter from him.
- 2006 , Bill Appleton, Wide Boy, Pegasus Elliot Mackenzie, ISBN 1843862530, p. 168,
- I went to the bar where I bought a pint and two large brandies. ... "Not brandy," she replied, "but I could use a long drink - maybe a half of lager."
- The fraction obtained by dividing 1 by 2.
- Three-quarters minus a quarter is a half.
- part; side; behalf — Wyclif
- The four halves of the house
- To halve.