Using English Wiktionary XML Dump dated Feb 4th 2009
Using WordNet 3.0
Searching over 243k words
Comments? Suggestions? Hate mail?
Feedback of any sort? Freelance or contract work?
abdullah.a _AT_ gmail
Shahi is a visual dictionary that combines Wiktionary content with Flickr images, and more!
- To move something from one place to another, especially to take away
- He removed the marbles from the bag.
- To murder someone
- , To dismiss a batsman
- To change one's residence
- 1719- Daniel Defoe, Robinson Crusoe
- Now my life began to be so easy that I began to say to myself that could I but have been safe from more savages, I cared not if I was never to remove from the place where I lived.
- The act of removing something, especially removing a dish at a meal in order to replace it with the next course
- A dish thus replaced, or the replacement
- (at some public schools) A division of the school, especially the form prior to last
- A step or gradation (as in the phrase "at one remove")